Look behind the scenes of conference organization and become part of the fantastic #bbuzz – team!
Ever wondered what it takes to make a conference happen? Keen to look behind the scenes of Berlin Buzzwords and get free acess to the conference? Dreamed of helping the community and make a non-code contribution without missing all the fun?
Great, you‘re a perfect candidate to be a volunteer at Berlin Buzzwords 2020!
As a volunteer you will help us onsite to make Berlin Buzzwords a success. We ask you to become part of the team for eight hours and the rest of the time of the three conferences is all for yourself because you get a full conference pass and all access to the stages. Plus, you will get one of those much sought-after Berlin Buzzwords t-shirts!
Sounds great! How can I join?
All you have to do is send us an email at: email@example.com, stating your name and availability on one of the three days (June 7 -9, 2020).
The following shifts are available:
- This invloves a lot of lifting and carrying stuff around
- Shifts start early or end late both on Sunday for the build up and Tuesday after the conference to clear out the venue
- No requirements other than physical health
- Each shift usually is split up in two, i.e. four hours build-up and four for the break-down
- A popular and highly responsible job during the conference at the registration desk as you are responsible to welcome the speakers, sponsors and attendees
- You are the first impression they get of the conference so a friendly and polite attitude as well as good social skills are required
- Advanced English skills a must
- A plus to be quick in solving unexpected problems such as „Where can I find a pharmacy nearby“, „I have lost my wallet“,“I need assistance getting around“ etc
- Runners are all over the venue, wherever needed (e.g. take a HDMI adaptor to the stages, help in the partner area, assist people getting around, help re-attach signs if necessary)
- You introduce the speakers and their talks on stage, this is a great chance to have a little chat with some of our amazing speakers before the talk begins
- It is also a great opportunity to learn to speak in front of international audiences when you do the intro and outro announcements of speakers
- A responsible job that requires some technical understanding of stage engineering such as microphones and recording as you will be closley working wih our fab video team
- Basic understanding of different laptops and interfaces as well as (sometimes) different presentation software is a plus
Get an idea of what volunteering at Berlin Buzzwords is like from our podcast interview with long term volunteer Thomas Bodner: