After the initial release in 2010 Elasticsearch has become the most widely used full-text search engine, but it is not stopping there. The revolution happened and now it is time for evolution. We dive into the following questions:
- How did leniency help the initial adoption, but why and how do we lean more on strictness today?
- How can upgrades be improved to avoid any downtime even when changing major versions?
- How can new resiliency features improve recovery scenarios and add totally new features?
- Why are types finally disappearing and how are we are trying to avoid the upgrade pain as much as possible?
- What are examples for some clever performance improvements?
- How can you shrink and (finally) split shards in a highly efficient way?
Attendees learn both about new and upcoming features as well as the motivation and engineering challenges behind them.