Call for Submissions
Call for Submission Berlin Buzzwords 2013 - Search, Store, Scale -- June 3rd & 4th, 2013
The event will comprise presentations on scalable data processing. We invite you to submit talks on the topics:
- IR / Search - Lucene, Solr, katta, ElasticSearch or comparable solutions
- NoSQL - like CouchDB, MongoDB, Jackrabbit, HBase and others
- Large Data Processing - MapReduce, Storm, Hadoop, Cascading or Pig and relatives
Related topics not explicitly listed above are more than welcome. We are looking for presentations on the implementation of the systems themselves, technical talks, real world applications and case studies. Please don't hesitate to submit talks even if your solution is not open-source, general purpose or exotic, we are looking for interesting technical presentations from engineers for engineers.
Important Dates (all dates in GMT +2)
- Submission deadline: March 10th, 2013, 23:59 GMT
- Notification of accepted speakers: April 3rd, 2013,
- Publication of final schedule: April 10th, 2013
- Conference: June 3rd & 4th, 2013
High quality, technical submissions are called for, ranging from principles to practice. We are looking for real world use cases, background on the architecture of specific projects and a deep dive into architectures built on top of e.g. Hadoop clusters.
To submit your proposal please register to our website and log in once you received the confirmation email. Once this is done you can submit one or more proposals through clicking on the "add session" button (like shown in this screenshot):
The deadline for the submission is March 10th, 2013.
Acceptance notifications will be sent out soon after the submission deadline. Please include your name, bio and email, the title of the talk, a brief abstract in English language. Please indicate whether you want to give a 20min or 40min presentation and indicate the level of experience with the topic your audience should have (e.g. whether your talk will be suitable for newbies or is targeted for experienced users.) If you'd like to pitch your brand new product in your talk, please let us know as well - there will be extra space for presenting new ideas, awesome products and great new projects.
The presentation format is short. We will be enforcing the schedule rigorously.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event (e.g. we would be happy to provide videos after the event, free drinks for attendees as well as an after-show party), please contact us via partner [at] berlinbuzzwords.de
- Isabel Drost (Nokia, Apache Mahout)
- Jan Lehnardt (CouchBase, Apache CouchDB)
- Simon Willnauer (Elasticsearch, Apache Lucene)
- Grant Ingersoll (Lucid Imagination, Apache Lucene)
- Owen O’Malley (Hortonworks Inc., Apache Hadoop)
- Jim Webber (Neo Technology, Neo4j)
- Sean Treadway (Soundcloud)
- Ted Dunning (MapR, Apache Mahout)
- Jonathan Ellis (DataStax, Apache Cassandra)
- Michael Stack (Cloudera, Apache HBase)
- Leslie Hawthorn (Red Hat, Inc.)
Please re-distribute this CfP to people who might be interested.
Contact us at:
newthinking communications GmbH
Schönhauser Allee 6/7
10119 Berlin, Germany
info [at| berlinbuzzwords.de
Isabel Drost isabel [at] apache.org
Simon Willnauer simonw [at] apache.org
Phone: +49(0)30-921 05 961